Weekend Musings

I know this has been discussed before, but have you ever found yourself thinking in 140 characters or less. Last night, while getting ready for bed, I couldn't wait to fall asleep, and I thought to myself, I wonder if anyone else gets as excited about falling asleep as I do. I mean, I was really looking forward to it like as if it were a movie or a vacation. That's a bit strange, isn't it? I mean, even I have to admit that it's a bit wonky.


Yesterday, I actually got an image of what I look like with strangers. First, that theatre workshop and that car ride was nowhere was painful as I thought it would be. I actually had a good Sunday. On the ride back, I mentioned to people that I was considering not going to another event ever. Also, that I wasn't recommending it to my friends. And, for some reason, this one girl got really offended by it. I'm not sure why, but she was like, why do you say that? What's wrong with it? All I kept thinking was, Oh my God, I should just shut up. I'm not sure why I never learned diplomacy and tact. Where do other people learn it? There must've been some workshop that I missed. Why do I have to go around telling strange people what I think? There's kind of a limit to this honesty tag, no?



Apart from that really awkward conversation, the rest of the day was fun, and I'd be really excited about going to another event. Provided, of course, that the event is interesting. I didn't meet anyone exciting enough, but I'm looking at this more of a place where I get to do fun things over the weekend. You know, things that I wouldn't normally do with my friends. Along the way, if I do happen to make friends with a few people, I think that's pretty great. And, there were some really sweet people who came along for this one. I wouldn't mind keeping in touch with them at all.

With regards to my fitness goals, I've decided that February is going to be the month of diet control. January, I increased my frequency to the gym, and I've got some kind of a routine going. Averaged about four times a week. It should probably increase to 5, but I'm relatively happy with frequency. My worry is portion control. Actually, more than portion control, it's just eating the wrong things. If I could just stop eating a deep friend bacon wrapped shrimp that my friend ordered, I think that's half the battle won. 



(On another note, whoever decided to make bacon wrapped shrimp? And, why does it taste so damn good?) Great, now I'm craving some bacon and shrimp.

Comments

Popular Posts