Fat Chef


If you've been to Bangalore, you must know how far Whitefield is. It's almost 20 kilometres away from where I live, and I've never had the need to go there before. Until Zara decided to set up shop in one of the biggest malls in Bangalore. Recently opened that too. For Zara, traffic and distance will be braved. While we wanted to check out the mall, we also wanted to make an event out of it. There's this really nice restaurant called Fat Chef that's situated at this very interesting theatre space called Jagriti, and we decided to have lunch there and head to the mall.

I must say that my first impressions of the restaurant were excellent, and my first impression did not change till the end of the meal. It is such a quaint little space, and reminded me of these little cafes I used to have brunch in Melbourne. The menu is written on two chalkboards at the entrance, so you have to stand there and decide what you're going to eat. We were really hungry, so we ordered a satueed mushrooms with garlic as an appetiser. For our main course, we were each going to order a salad and split a prawn pizza. I told you, we were hungry. I had a pear, walnut, smoked chicken salad. Basically, a Waldorf salad with pears. My friend had a watermelon and feta cheese salad. And the other salad was chicken ceaser salad. To drink, we ordered a peach ice tea and a lime ginger ice tea. I have to say that the service was excellent. Attentive staff, and really quick with their service.

The satueed mushrooms arrived soon. I enjoyed it, although, I wish the garlic had been more finely chopped. We asked them to bring the salads and pizza together. The watermelon salad was the first to arrive, followed by my pear salad, and then the pizza and then the Ceaser salad. I really enjoyed my pear salad. I'm glad I asked them to smoke the chicken instead of grilling it. There was such a nice contrast between the smokiness of the chicken and the pears. My friend's watermelon salad looked delightful. I know there's a picture out there somewhere of it, but I don't know who has it right now. She said it tasted delicious.

The pizza was great. But, like all hungry folks, we had over ordered and couldn't finish it because we wanted room for dessert. My dessert was just spot on. I had the lemon pie that was absolutely delish. I've been looking for a good lemon pie, and I've tried it out at almost every place I've seen it, and it's either too lemony or doesn't really have the right base. This one was perfect. My friend ordered a baked cheesecake that was excellent. I have to say, I'm a big cheesecake fan, but I've stopped ordering them because I've always been disappointed with how they turn out. I will definitely try the cheesecake the next time I'm there. The third dessert was a tiramisu. I'm not really a tiramisu person. As desserts go, I think it's pretty insipid. I took a bite of it though, and it seemed good. For a Tiramisu.

We ended up spending around 800 INR each which I thought was good. We normally spend a 1000 INR when we go out to nice places.

So, there you have it. My restaurant review of Fat Chef. Definitely recommended, and can't wait to try it out again. Now to find a way to get to Whitefield again.

Comments

Popular Posts