More epic realisations

I was at pub two nights ago listening to this Mallu boy sound exactly like Bob Dylan, and I thought to myself, if someone asked you right now 'What is your idea of happiness?' would you have anything to say. And, an image popped into my head:

Me, sitting on a sofa or bed, in a very bright room overlooking the ocean, and a dog on either side of me.

That's it.

And, I tried to think of a man in that picture. Maybe he's just gone to the shower. Maybe he's just getting me some ice cream. But, if I had to be really honest with myself, there is no man there. Trust me. I looked really hard. I think this has to do with my realisation that I need boyfriends for all the wrong reasons. You know, like how I wanted one so that he could walk the dogs. It's also made me realise how absolutely incomplete my life is without a dog. Absolutely. It's like a part of my soul is missing.

Oh, and be sitting in a room like this:


(Check out that bookshelf, huh?)

Anyway, the other realisation has to do with the multiple image issues that I've been facing regarding my weight. I went shopping on Saturday and spent a lot of time trying out clothes and looking at myself in trial room mirrors. Now, I know these trial room mirrors sometimes trick you and make you look smaller than you are. But, every time I looked at myself in the mirror, I kept thinking, I'm actually not that overweight. By the time, I reached the last mirror and the last dress, I was thinking, I actually look good.

I know it's not possible for me to have lost any weight because I only just started working out, so I'm pretty sure that all of this is just psychological. But, if you know me, you must know how huge this is for me! To actually admit that I like the way that I look? I've had moments where I've liked the way I've  looked before. You know, when I do my hair really nice or wear a really nice outfit. But to be okay with the way I look just the way I am. That's a huge, huge step. And, I think it has to do with a lot of things that are happening in my life right now that's making me realise: I'm enough.

Comments

Popular Posts