Wellington -(Day unknown)

I'm back in Wellington. The only city I wanted to hop off at. Been here for about three days now. Taking the early morning ferry at 6:15 tomorrow to the South Islands. Time really flies by when you're having fun, eh?

Let's see. Here are a few things I learned about my Stray bus tour:
-Start your trip in Auckland. The whole trip will turn out better for you because everyone else starts their trip there.
-Buy a good pair of hiking boots. One good pair is more than enough.
-Buy a good pair of walking pants. You need something other than jeans and sweats to walk around in. However ugly they may be.
-I'm still afraid of heights. Do not attempt to do a sky dive or bungee.
-All the instructors on my adventure activities seem to think I'm pretty small and give me a really small wetsuit. When you're going rapelling down a waterfall and rock climbing, do not wear a tight wet suit. It just won't work.
-I will continue white water rafting for the rest of the my life. It is the best adventure activity ever. I rafted down the highest commercially rafter waterfall in the world. Amazing.

I'll probably add to that a few posts later. Everyone tells you that New Zealand is really beautiful. And you sort of nod your head at them and expect it to be all amazing. But, I'm telling, nothing prepares you for the beauty that is New Zealand. Nothing. Not Lord of the Rings, not the tourism brochure. Nothing. It's like God decided to sit down and create this country himself. It took my breath away, the first time I saw the rolling hills. Really. And, I started to cry. It is the most beautiful country I've ever seen. Truly God's own.

Comments

Popular Posts