Kaikoura-Day 1

I'm not sure exactly what I should be writing about. I have quite a few things. I take my little notebook with me everywhere I go and write whenever I have some free time. I have about 9 minutes left for my internet connection, so, I better make this quick. The flight to Christchurch was extremely smooth as was immigration and the hostel and everything. I actually began to get worried because I thought things can't be this right. It was made worse by the fact when I noticed that I hadn't taken my father's photograph along in my new wallet. It's not superstitious. Just comforting to have his picture.

Anyway, we reached Kaikoura today, and I decided to go whale watching. For about a 130 dollars. It would've been worth every penny if I saw all the whales and took pictures. As luck would have it, my stomach doesn't agree with the sea in New Zealand. I was so sea sick. I threw up at least 5 times. At the end, the guy on the boat was like, first time on the sea, is it? And, I actually nodded. I was too embarrassed to admit otherwise. I managed to see one whale tail, but couldn't get a picture. I spent the rest of the two hours with my head in a paper bag. Apparently, there were at least 6 more whales spotted. Oh, and at the end while I was throwing up, I managed to see these hundreds of dolphins. They were beautiful.

And, that's it. That's my amazing first day at New Zealand. Not such a great start, eh? Oh well, I just hope the motion sickness settles down, and I can enjoy the rest of the trip.

Comments

Popular Posts