Auckland-Day 3

I was so inspired to write on my way here, and then I saw my hostel room and wanted to break down and cry. That room hasn't been vaccuumed in months, I'm sure. It's filthy. The sheets and the bed look equally unappealing. It's gross. I'm so glad I'm only staying here for one night. I checked out the bathrooms, and thankfully, they're not too bad. Otherwise, I really don't know what I would've done.

Let's see, after the sea sickness excitement at Kaikoura. We drove the next day to Picton which is where you have to take the ferry to go to the North Island. We saw a couple of seal colonies on the way. They were adorable. Like dogs in the water. So cute. Anyway, the last two days have just been a lot of traveling. Took the ferry to Wellington. Stayed in a crappy hostel. Drove the whole day from Wellington to Auckland. Like a ten hour drive. Bah. I feel like my hostels are getting worse with each place I go to. Can you imagine what the hostel will be like in my last place.
Urgh. I can't even think about it. The thing is, none of these places have frikking single rooms ok. And their bloody double rooms are like 92 dollars or something. Bloody insane, I tell you. Let's just say I'm not enjoying my three days in NZ so far. It's a bloody bore, and I don't know how much more I can last.

Comments

  1. You're driving around alone? For ten hours?? Or are you with some tourist group now?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts