Christchurch (the end of the NZ adventures)

I went and booked myself a double room at the YHA at Christchurch. It was completely overpriced and too small. I thought I'd splurge on my own room at the end of my trip. Oh well. I've learned my lesson.

I thought I'd have a lie-in this morning. But, with the cleaning lady in my corridor and the sunlight streaming in trhough my window, I didn't have much of a choice. Got up and walked to the cinema for the Harry Potter movie. I loved it. I can totally understand why fans of the books may not have liked it. I was a little distracted by some of the changes. But, it was a very well-made film. My only disappointments are that I'd have liked to see more of Tom Riddle's family history flashback, and the fight scene between the Aurors and the Death Eaters in Hogwarts when Dumbledore dies. I can't believe they denied me that fight scene.

Went on the gondola. Tried to do a walk but realised I was wearing the wrong shoes. My suede shoes weren't doing well in the mud and ice. Too bad I missed the cathedral though. I would've liked to see it.

I'm going to miss New Zealand and all the wonderful people I met here. In three weeks, I've had more fun than an entire year in Melbourne. Solo traveling is the best. I only hope I have as good a time in Fiji as well.

Comments

  1. yayyyyyyyyyy so excited for you! lets make the next trip together. oh im in blr! plz come before the 26th of aug???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosa! You had to choose the completely wrong month to come to India. If it had just been a month later. Bah. I'm only arriving on Aug 28 man. But yeah, let's make our next trip together. Hopefully in Asia somewhere. I don't know if I can afford Europe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts