And the viruses unite

Going out to the city and catching up with friends when you have a fever is almost like you're drugged. Your mind is all fuzzy and you're enveloped in this cloud, and you have to shake your head to try and contribute to the really intelligent conversation. "Yes, yes, there is no proof that the Swastik belonged to an ancient Germanic tribe." Luckily, my friend, S, is remarkably well-read and can carry on without my lame "The Swastik is Hindu" argument that has no basis.

Went to the doctor today. He totally dismissed me. Yes, continue taking the paracetamol to bring down the fever. And, that's it. He was so blase about the whole thing. When I mentioned the fact that this was the fourth time I'd fallen sick in four months, he was like, "Yeah, must be a bad year." Apparently, my body might not be used to these first-world viruses! I find out today that you can't really take anti biotics to get rid of viruses. You just need to ride it out and wait for them to leave. How convenient. He didn't even seem concerned that it could be the swine flu. I guess he just doesn't want to know.

I finally managed to submit my last paper. I wish I'd done a better job, and I feel a bit awful about it. But, I plan to put aside the awfulness and concentrate on New Zealand and Fiji and what an amazing time I'm going to have there. Right? That's what I should do?

Comments

Popular Posts