You know you want to

Have you noticed how some blogs are really personal and tell you a lot about the person writing? Sometimes, you feel like you're intruding.
Like my blog, for example, there's a lot about me in here that you wouldn't find out in normal conversation, and I'm okay with random strangers finding out those things about me. I don't divulge my deepest, darkest fears and desires. It's light and superficial, and I'm fine with that.

I had this discussion with a friend who said he doesn't post anything on Facebook. No status updates, no wall posts, no links, nothing. Because it's a part of himself that he only wants a few people to know about. And, come to think of it, the rest of us are just exhibitionists aren't we? Oh look, I went on a lovely holiday to Bali, here are my pictures. Look at my gorgeous dog, isn't he lovely. I'm so lucky. As much as we are exhibitionists, we're also voyeurs. We love looking at other people's walls, pictures and making judgements about them.

God, Facebook is like one big global high school. It's fine. I loved high school anyway.

Comments

Popular Posts