Sunday School

Important lessons I learned today:

I did not send my last salary slip to my email address nor do I have a hard copy of it. It's lost somewhere. The good news is that when I go for a job interview now, I can quote a figure and hopefully, get away with it.

Apparently, you can get rice stuck to a rice cooker even during your 25th try. I don't know how to make rice that doesn't stick to the cooker.
Oh, and when you're cooking dal for the first time by yourself, thinking that you have enough water is not the right way. Call up your mum to find out and get it right. There's a science to it. Otherwise, you'll get stuck with dal that not blackened your pressure cooker but became so hard you had to cut it out.

And finally, you can never read Murakami in stops and gaps. Murakami is a master storyteller. Albeit a confusing one. But a master always deserves your full attention. He is not a Dan Brown that can be picked up and continued during tea breaks.

Comments

  1. Wild Sheep Chase. I went to Landmark the other day and went crazy. I picked up Underground, After the Quake and Hard boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, and Wind Up Bird Chronicle. I'm in Murakami heaven right now. Oh, I also picked up the first two books of Ashok Banker's Ramayan series. I'd really recommend the first one, Rose, it's called Prince of Ayodhya. And it's Ramayan like you've never read before.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts