Happy Diwali?

There's a question mark after the title because I didn't know what to write and decided this was good enough so I would remember that this day was Diwali day. It has nothing to do with the post, of course.

I get angry at the slightest things. It's well established. Kids running outside my apartment, playing cricket, and playing with that annoying firecracker gun when I have a hangover is the worst. I can handle that though. What I can't handle is coming back home after going out with my friends and have someone's creepy driver stare at me the entire time and continue staring while I'm unlocking the door to my house. At which point, I even turn to him and ask him what he's looking at, and he continues to stare. It was past twelve at night or I would've made a big fuss over this.

I can handle being gawked at when I walk on the road. I'm not comfortable with it, but I've sort of grown used to perverted, horny men making comments or just staring every time they see a confident woman in a pair of jeans. But, what I will not accept is coming back to my own building which has like twelve apartments and having one of my neighbour's driver undressing me with their eyes just outside my own home. It is unacceptable. So, here am I, an hour later tucked into bed and still stewing about it. I'll probably be up all night thinking about how as a woman in India, I can still feel unsafe in my own home. Which is bull shit.

Oh yeah, happy diwali to me. See, managed to related it somehow.

Comments

  1. OMG! You should have slapped him or knocked him out with your heels. :O{ I'm sure you'll see him again - next time, please, just go and whack him - real hard or just kick him where it hurts the most. Ok? Ok, good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts