I just reread my last post and thought to myself: You're either not as good a writer as you think you are, or you've lost your vocabulary along the way. Being the egoist that I am, I'm tempted to go for the second option. I'd like to think that when I'm reading really good literature that inspires me, my writing improves. I remember when I got into this Murakami kick last year and almost wanted to build him a shrine, I wrote so many blog posts about the way I was feeling. Of course, it's quite possible that I was quite emotional at that time and blogging gave me an outlet. You know, when I think about it, the more personal I am in my posts, the prouder I am of then.

What does this mean then? The writing career that I've always dreamed of will never materialise and I should stick to what? What am I good at? You'd think in 27 years, I'd have figured that out by now. I feel like that character from Wake Up Sid. Except he was 20 and talented in photography, and I'm 27 and good with dogs. Maybe I should just marry rich.

Comments

Popular Posts