Beneath Your Beautiful

I don't want to be the type of person who is ashamed of their body. I haven't grappled with body image issues as much as I thought I would. I mean, yes, there was the usual insecurities of how if I was thinner, I'd be more attractive. But, it was overshadowed by all my other insecurities. But, I've gained a lot of weight recently, and it's made me think about 'losing weight.' I'd convinced myself that if I exercised, it would be to get fit and for the endorphin rush. Not to 'lose weight' because that by itself isn't enough of a motivation. As various gyms across the city will tell you. But, exercising just for yourself isn't enough of a motivation either. As the dance school where I signed up for contemporary dance classes will tell you. It always seems like life gets in the way of wanting to exercise. But, I've read so many articles that tell you, it's not enough of an excuse because life will ALWAYS get in the way. There will always be an excuse, till one day, when you look down at yourself and realise that this is not a size you want to be. And, while all your other friends are happily married or seeing someone, maybe you're still single because you're a bit hefty. And, that still doesn't stop you from having 9 pieces of peanut candy for dinner. Or maybe that's the reason why you're having it? The sugar rush makes you feel good?

Comments

Popular Posts