Happy Women's Day


There was a time when I made a big deal about Women's Day. I don't know why. But, I'd 'pamper' myself at the spa, I'd send messages to some fantastic women I knew telling them that they were fantastic, and I'd get really offended when people, especially men, asked me why there was such a big deal about Women's Day.

That was a long time ago though because I honestly don't remember any of the last few year's Women's Days. Everybody seems to be making a big fuss about it this year. Or maybe it was always like this, and I just never noticed.

I don't know if it's because I've become jaded and cynical, or because I recognise the fact that Women's Rights is always going to be an issue, and we have to discuss it every day of the year. And, all those fantastic women I used to wish can feel special every day of the year as well. I suppose it's like any other holiday really. I'm actually like those Valentine's Day grouches who argue for couples to be romantic all year through.

P.S. I really wanted to put up a picture of the silhouette of a woman throwing her hands up at the sun because that's what you get when you look for Women's Day images. But, here's a blurry picture I took outside a store in Singapore.



Yes, shoes do make me insanely happy.

Comments

Popular Posts