I'm not going to withhold it because I think a guy will like me more. Sleeping with someone early doesn't make me any less cool, intelligent or likeable - and to suggest that I'm doing something wrong because I don't try to play down the fact that I'm a sexual person is nothing short of offensive.

This is a paragraph from the new blog post in this blog. You should read the entire post because it does say a lot of the things I feel as well.

I'm highlighting this paragraph because this is something I've been meaning to say to a couple of people for some time now. Obviously, I have friends who love me and support me in everything I do. But, on occasion, a couple of them have been slightly judgmental. Without meaning to be, of course. Nonetheless, it's affected me tremendously and made me extremely confused about my relationships with me.

I've always felt that when you're attracted to someone, there's nothing wrong with expressing yourself physically. Whether it's on your first date, fifth date, or your fifteenth. Obviously, you might think you've done something wrong when you like the guy and he doesn't call you back, ever. But seriously, do you want to be with someone who does that? Yeah, it hurts and you can't stop analysing everything that happened and keep blaming yourself. Eventually, you get over it though. And, I just chalk it up to life experiences. Because, I'd rather be taking chances and wearing my heart on my sleeve than sit at home and lament about my lack of a love life. At the end of the day, I just need to meet that one guy who is as into me as I am into him, and who can't wait to call me back the next day. Relationships are tricky, and I think you need to take chances and be as much of yourself as you can be. I'd rather be with someone who is open and honest enough to admit that he likes me than someone who is more than 30 years old and playing games. Grow up, dude. Really.

So, I'm going to continue being myself and wait for that phone call.

Comments

  1. Thankyou so much for writing this!

    It's really odd how many people can be judgemental about expressing yourself physically, without even thinking about how their prejudices have come about. It's weird how many people think that a relationship is somehow more 'meaningful' or 'likely to work' if the people involved hold off sex for some period of time. These people probably can't defend their opinions if you interrogate them, and they're completely irrational - but it's still hurtful to come across someone who feels this way.

    Anyway, I hope that you get your phone call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patsy! Thank you so much for reading the blog and writing. I'm sorry about being so late to respond to the comment.

    You know, for a country that wrote the Kama Sutra, we can be an extremely sexually repressed nation. Sex is taboo. Nobody has pre-marital sex. And, if you do, you're a slut. In the last ten years or so, the younger generation has been a bit open about sex. I feel that with globalisation, if you've lived in one big city, you can live in any big city in the world. But hey, an asshole is an asshole in any country, right?

    I hate that word. Slut. I hate it more when women use it so casually to describe other women. It's the most hurtful word I've ever heard. If a woman wants to sleep with multiple men, it's nobody's business to judge her. Let her do it.

    I'm sure my phone call will come some day. I'm much more optimistic than I've been in years. I haven't actually met the guy, but I'm sure I will. Eventually.

    I just read your latest blog post. I'm sorry about the break up.

    I just want you to know that I'm a fervent reader of your blog. All the way from India. You're an extremely talented writer, and an inspiration to any woman who reads your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts