Happy Birthday to me

I have to say that I have no problems with getting older. I'm not in the 'women are like wine, we get better with age' brigade. But, I honestly do not mind what ageing will do to my skin and body. A few years from now, I'll probably take back those words. But, for now, no.

I'm a little bit more worried about the fact that as a twenty nine year old woman, I am jobless, loveless, penniless, childless, and, it would seem, luckless. Somehow, when I was younger, I didn't picture my 29 year old self being so full of 'less.' My younger self would never have imagined this scenario even if you'd paid her. While I am coming to terms with disappointing my younger self, I'm hoping that this is the year that I get to cross off everything 'less.' This is the year that I find a job I enjoy, this is the year I meet the man I will fall in love with. This is the year that I make enough money to travel to my friend's wedding in Mexico.

I'm kind of okay with the childless and luckless part of the list. They don't seem to hold my interest as much.

Here's hoping that this is the year wishful thinking comes true.

Comments

Popular Posts