Sunday updates

One day after I post my weight loss plans, and I find out that my gym is closed on Sundays. Yes, I know, what a way to lose the high, eh?
Here are some other random updates, then.

My mum is in town. I think she just needed an excuse to get out of Kerala and hang out with her children. My sister is in Lucknow. Doing some good work, I think. Setting up a school. Helping someone set up a school. Good work, I know, I just don't remember what exactly. She thinks she can trust her house keys with a contractor to do some wood work in her house. I didn't volunteer to sit at her place because I'm selfish and she was confident they didn't need any supervision. (Now, we know why, I'm not the one in Lucknow doing good work) My mother heard about this, two days later, she had booked train tickets to come and 'supervise' the work.
She'll be here till mid-April because she says she wants to celebrate my birthday with me. I don't know why she said that. I must have spent at least six to seven birthdays with her in Kerala. She'd forgotten three and didn't really do anything for the others. Well, I've got a job, maybe I'll take her out to a nice lunch.

Oh, other news. I got a job. Pretty exciting. I signed up for the gym as soon as I found out.

I miss my apartment in Hyderabad more than anything I could ever miss in that city. Can you imagine? I lived there for 6 years and all I have to show for it is an apartment. I told The Thing that she was the only reason I survived said six years. The last six months before we all left, we had two crazy dogs also with us. Life was so much better and fuller then. Now, the apartment is just an empty shell. Except when The Thing came to visit for a week. It was fun. We went out, shopped, watched too many movies, ate out, she couldn't decide what she wanted to eat, I spent all her money, the usual things. Oh, except we both discovered that we were too old to go out. Honestly, on Saturday evening, I was like, do you want to go out? And, she, as usual, said she'd be up for it. But, we were watching TV or something, and I said, you know, I really can't be bothered. I don't mind going to somewhere to get a quiet drink or two (or three), but to go out to a club with their loud techno beats and dance...Really not my scene anymore.
It was a glorious one week. The apartment felt so empty when she left. I couldn't wait to get out of the place. I must go visit her in Gurgaon. Stay for one month. Some people just make you feel like you're home.

Comments

  1. I've been telling everyone, including Rani Rabbit and The Gentleman, that this visit to Hyd. was the best so far. It felt like I was back home. Everything felt good. We should do this again. Soon...even if it means yet another realization that we're growing old and can't dance through the night like we used to. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts