Go Pink!

I've started going to the gym again. It isn't as painful as I remember from the first time I went to Dinaz. My muscles were so sore, and I was in pain for at least a week. It happened this year again when I went for my sporadic power yoga classes. But, today, is day 3, and I'm fine. Yes, there was a slight soreness the day after weights. But, come on, two days of intense cardio and no soreness! I'm actually a little disappointed.
The last time I went to a gym was in August. Probably, my last visit with the University of Melbourne gym. I've missed it. The whole gym experience. The treadmills, the cross trainers, the agonizing cycling machine, the weights, everything. I feel exhilarated. Yoga never gave me this high. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed it tremendously. Being able to do 20 Surya Namaskars and keeping a plank for longer than a minute gives you a different high altogether, but nothing like being able to run for thirty minutes or being able to lift a kilo more than last month. Small targets, I know, but they say small targets work best when you're trying to lose weight.
The gym is called 'PINK.' It's a female-only gym. I think they may be trying to make a political statement with the name, you know, with the breast cancer awareness. Or, they probably think all women like the color pink.
I've paid for a whole year's membership, started my diet. Let's see how this weight loss works out.

Comments

Popular Posts