Spend a little time with me


I feel like I haven't been giving enough time to myself. I mean, for a lay person, I probably have been spending a lot of time to myself. I don't go out much on weekdays. I spend a lot of time at salons and indulge in massages all the time. But that's not really the kind of time I'm talking about.

I've begun to grab my weekends like I did when I was at Google. But instead of doing something that will enrich me, I've been doing things that fight away temporary boredom. I haven't signed up for Kannada or driving classes. I haven't been reading enough. I haven't exercised enough this week. I haven't spoken to my best friend in weeks. I haven't even been regular on this blog. I thought I had a good momentum going when the year began. What with all the changes and everything...

I'm going through an annoying and cloying phase in my life. I think a lot of it has to with the weather. I, somehow, just cannot seem to function with the weather like this. To top it off, the office where I spend five days a week doesn't have an air conditioner and just makes everything worse. I'm one step away from turning everything into one big negative pile of mess. The only thing that's stopping me is the fact that I've been doing so well lately, and I'm not going to drop that because of a change in the weather.

I think the trick is to check off one thing at a time from the list. Just one 'to-do' doesn't seem as daunting as five. Well, the first thing that I'm going to do is to sign up for the Kannada classes on Sunday. Let's see if that happens.

Comments

Popular Posts