To Wish Upon a Star

Everyday I think, today is going to be different. Today, I will actually do something. I'll go to the gym, I'll apply for jobs. Maybe I'll just go out to feed the stray dogs, just something apart from sitting in at home.

Unfortunately, today was no different. Today was the same as any other day from the last two weeks. I've wallowed enough in my inertia. I'm not going to get sucked into this mess. I'm the only one who can pull myself out of it though. I've taken small steps that will add up to a wake up. And, it's coming soon. Once a procrastinator, always one. Obviously, it doesn't just apply to school assignments. It applies to everything else.

In other news, I finished watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy again. Those movies really move me. I mean really. They're my favoritest thing in the whole world. Okay, maybe that's a bit extreme. I love my dogs more. I'm an idiot. I was in the same city that they shot most of the film. I could have easily gone to the same tattoo artist that they had gone to get their tattoo. But, I didn't. I got a Maori tattoo instead. From a completely different artist. I still harbour the hope of going back to New Zealand and getting my Lord of the Rings elvish tattoo. Maybe I will, someday.

I was horrified to hear about the earthquake in Christchurch. Such a beautiful city. Such a beautiful country. I hope they're left alone for now.

P.S. I understand the last two posts didn't have any secrets, but one was a dedication and the other was a rant. I hope this makes up for it.

Today's Beautiful Secret: I love living my sister. I cannot tell you how badly I've treated her these past few months while I've been trying to get over my own shit. I've been rude, uncommunicative, moody, belligerent, and just downright nasty. She has put up with it all with the patience of an angel. It makes me doubt that we have the same blood because I would've given up on her months ago.

Comments

Popular Posts