A Rainbow Parade

I just saw a friend's album of the Gay Pride March in Bombay. And, I'm so happy and proud. The Supreme Court verdict was also very heartening. I don't know what the reality of the situation is in Bombay though. It could be that only a handful of out and proud gays attended the march while the rest are still in the their closets snickering with their friends about how "gay" a pink shirt is.

My blood boils almost to the point of exploding when I hear someone say, oh, that's so gay. When you actually want to say, you know, you look so stupid doing that, say that instead. There is no need to include homosexual terms. You know like those guys that say, I have no problems with gays as long as they don't hit on me. Like really, they're all dying to ask you out.

Whatever, the parade is a step in the right direction, and validates my point of Bombay being the best city in the world. One step at a time, eh?

Comments

Popular Posts