All my bags are packed

I don't want to go back to a job I don't love. Not even for the money.

I cannot actually begin to describe what this one year as a student in Melbourne has taught me. Well, for starters, it's taught to appreciate really good tequila from a really crap one. I'm extremely grateful to the Mexican housemate for that one.

I've learned to cook. Barely. But, a little bit more than what I used to. I'm not lazy to approach the kitchen anymore. I don't know why I spent so money on eating out in Hyderabad when it's so much cheaper to just cook at home.

I had convinced myself that I was so concerned about my appearance for myself. I maintained dress codes, went shopping like a maniac, visited the parlour every week to look well groomed. Over here, I've learned not to care when my eyebrows are so bushy they almost cover my eyes. I've had chipped nails, and I think converse shoes are the height of fashion. What was I doing all that for in Hyderabad? I think it may have been necessary for me to survive. That even if I was living in hell, I could at least look good.

I'm not a house party girl. For me, a party involves dancing. I can do dinner parties. But, parties where people just drink and talk are not for me. I just cannot make the effort to get involved in conversation, and I will fall asleep.

Traveling brings out the best in you or the worst. You begin to realise just how social you can be. Traveling by yourself is the best experience in the world. I will recommend it to everyone.

You're not perfect. All the times that you thought you were right, you weren't. You are a selfish, jealous, possessive and short-tempered girl. On the other hand, you're capable of much generosity, concern, politeness and affection. So, don't mope about the bad qualities. Work on containing them and be grateful for your good points.

I'm afraid that I'm not cut out to do any kind of work. I'm too lazy and unmotivated. I'd rather just go to the gym and watch DVDs all day. I'd rather work as a waitress and make enough money to travel for six months.

It's extremely necessary to have good friends wherever you go. I need my space sometimes , but I need my friends more. And, I'm so lucky to have found friends here in Melbourne that understand that.

I'm not cut out to be a good writer. I can improve, but I'm not good enough to be published. Give me reading over writing any day.

I haven't given up on love. I haven't. But, I'll never go looking for it again. These last five years being single have been some of the best years of my life. I used to feel sad that I hadn't felt love like others had. But, everyday, I feel so much love for family and friends that it's difficult to contain. I'm happy knowing this love.

Comments

Popular Posts