Weighty issues

I'm not happy with my weight loss journey. I expect my weight loss journey to be like my love life (when I do have a love life, I should clarify). I expect quick results. I think this was aided by the fact that I managed to lose 3 kilos in the last two weeks. I'd completely forgotten about the word 'journey' though. I'd forgotten that the last time I was serious about my weight loss six years ago, it took about 3 months before people began to notice some change in me. And here, I expect people to comment about the 3 kilos loss. Which I have to assume is not very noticeable.

(This is how much I want to weigh)


I think the 3 kilo loss over two weeks was a bit of luck. Four days later, I was up 600 gms. Two days later with very careful eating, I've been able to bring it back to the pre-600 gms increase weight. (almost). I need to brace myself that this is going to take time. If I can manage to lose 3 kilos by the end of this month, I think I'd be happy. And, a 2 kilo weight loss p/m after that should be the way to go.

This diet is one of the hardest things I've had to do. And, I'm still learning the right way to do it. I'm still trying to figure out the most nutritious foods to eat. What to order when I go out. Because almost everything is deep fried, or coated in flour. And, I'm sure I've inadvertently eaten grains and sugars.

The first two weeks, I actually intentionally ate carbs twice.

The week that I've been the most serious is the week that I gained weight. I've also gone out more in the last two weeks. I think that I'm the only person who probably resents having a social life these days. 

People are very dismissive about my fitness goals unintentionally. They don't understand that missing one class means that you'll miss more. So, they're always peer pressuring you to skip a class. Come out with us, you can go tomorrow. And, the thing is, there are only four days in a week that I can work out. Monday, I'm always exhausted, so I skip it. So, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are my serious days. Invariably, someone makes plans on one of these days, and then tells me to 'skip class'. Like it doesn't matter. And then they call me a fitness freak. Making the time to work out 3 days a week doesn't make me a 'fitness freak.' I'm barely committed to my fitness as it is, and I don't appreciate being knocked off the trail.

Okay, I guess that's enough of the ranting.

I'll let you know how the fitness and weight loss journey is doing at the end of the month.

Comments

Popular Posts