What does this blog say about me?


If you read this blog to try and figure out the kind of person I am, you will come to two conclusions:

a) I'm a mess
b) I'm too hard on myself

See what I did there? I was being hard on myself and pointed it out in the second one? Yeah, okay. You go it.

I don't think I'd want to be friends with the person who writes this blog. She seems mean and defeated, and negative, and just outright depressing.

I think people everywhere can agree that we're always our worst critic. But, here's what I want to know. How does this stop? I don't remember being too hard on myself before I was ten years old. I mean, yes, the kids in my school did call me ugly and monkey because of my protruding jaw (you know how mean kids are) But, I don't remember being too hard on myself. So, when did this whole cycle of negativity start?When did I think it was okay to think these things about myself. And, it's not that I think about them occasionally. I think these horrible things about myself ALL THE TIME. If you asked me to think of something nice about me, I'd be very very hard pressed to tell you something that didn't sound shallow (side note, I always say smile when someone asks me) But, I can't give you something real like generosity or selflessness.

In the meantime, in a bid to make my blog more visual  and with no relevance to this post whatsoever (I'm sure you've noticed the change in Template by now) here is a picture of my beautiful sister with the two most adorable dogs in the world.



Comments

Popular Posts