What I would do for those shoes?


Now, I don't want to reinforce stereotypes, but I really did love the Sex and the City TV show. The movies were horrendous, and it would be unfair to judge the series based on them. But, the show I loved. It had its moments.

Anyway, the one scene that I wanted to talk about: Carrie runs into Adrian, her ex-fiancee. He was one of the big loves of her lives, but for some reason she didn't want to marry him. Anyway, a couple of years later, she's running away from this guy she's really excited about because she's not dressed right (of course!), and she bumps into Adrian who's holding his baby. And, he's like, yeah, this is my son, I'm married to this wonderful woman, blah blah. And, he asks Carrie what's up with her, and she's like, well, I have a date tonight!

You know that this is how I feel most of the time in my life. Everyone's getting married, having babies, moving on with their lives, but I'm stuck in the same place, having the same old problems. Well, I don't envy them having the babies. That I can live without. Most of the time, I don't even have a date that I can talk about. But, you know what makes me really mad? That I don't even have her size zero body or her shoes!


These are my absolute favorite shoes from the show. I remember exactly when she wore them and what happened later.

Comments

Popular Posts