I gesture with my hands a lot when I'm nervous. I went for an interview yesterday. My first in many many months. I'd have to say years actually. So, you can understand how I nervous I was. The only thing I noticed while talking was, Oh my God, why are my hands moving so much, and why haven't I cut my nails in so long? I need to learn how to talk in a formal setting without moving my hands so much.

I thought the interview went fairly well. Although, I haven't heard back from them yet, so I guess maybe they've decided not to take things forward. I'm okay with rejection as long as someone lets me know instead of leaving me hanging.

I started reading 'Cat's Cradle' before I left Singapore. It's a thin book with really short chapters. I should've finished it days ago. It means that I'm not reading as much as I should. That disappoints me. It truly does. You know, for someone who's unemployed, I don't seem to have much time for anything, let alone things that I love. Here's what I'm going to do. Fix a time table even if it's for really silly things, and stick to it. It's worth a shot. Also, I'm really excited about the book I'm going to read after 'Cat's Cradle.' It's Jonathan Safran Foer's book called 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.' I only saw the movie version of 'Everything is Illuminated', but I heard it's very close to the book.

Here's to timetables and some discipline.

Comments

Popular Posts