I was developing an unhealthy relationship with my body. Age caught up with me and slowed down my metabolism to a really drastic degree. Things that I could eat a year ago, without worrying about putting on any weight, are suddenly my biggest enemy. How can so much change within a year? To top it all, the last two months, I've been exercising five times a week. Tough, tiring workouts every single time. But, I only seem to put on weight. Food became my worst enemy. And, I abused myself mentally, every single day.

Oh my God, look at you. You look disgusting. No one's going to look at you again. You can't fit into any of your clothes.

Until today, I decided to stop abusing my body and to focus on losing one kilo at a time. It's an extremely achievable goal. Once that is done, move on to the next kilo. It is extremely surprising that I came to this epiphany in Singapore, the land of the small, petite women with their perpetual pre-teen bodies.

So, there you have it. One kilo at a time sounds much easier than five.

Comments

Popular Posts