Just a little shut eye

There aren't many weddings I would travel for. In fact, I can count on two hands, the number of people whose wedding I would travel for. By some strange luck, three of those people happened to have weddings within forty five days of each other. I've attended two. The third and the most special is yet to come. The wedding themselves were really beautiful. Even the experience of being at the wedding, meeting people, the few days before and after, all really really wonderful.

What bums me out these days is the physical act of traveling. You know, the actual getting into a train or bus and sitting there for twelve hours or more. You'd think flights are easier but with city airports being so far out these days, you'd have to leave at least three hours before your flight to make it on time. And, if it's a morning flight, it means you have to wake up at an ungodly hour just to take a shower and get ready.Then, there the actual flight. If all this hasn't tired you out, there's the ride from the airport to the house of your destination. Whew, it sounds tiring just thinking about. I don't know if this has to do with age, or if there's something wrong with me, but I can't stop thinking about how tired I am. Like all the time. In fact, every time I'm tired, I keep thinking, Oh my God, I'm so tired, I wish I could sleep right now. There has to be something wrong with me, right?

Tiredness or no, I'm really happy I attended those weddings. There's something so nice in being part of that special occasion. It really really warms me up and makes me feel like I belong.

Today's Beautiful Secret: I love the way my dogs smell when I kiss them.

Comments

Popular Posts