I really shouldn't be saying this...

I have an extremely secret guilty pleasure. Well, it's not going to be secret anymore because I'm blogging about it, but, here goes: I watch this show called 'The Bachelorette' on TV. I used to watch 'The Bachelor' before it. Yeah, you can laugh. It's an extremely vapid, shallow, and vain reality dating show. And, I'm kind of hooked. The episodes they're airing on TV are also from the 2007 or 2008 season, so I already know the results. Doesn't matter. I still keep watching. They all just want to be TV, it's so ridiculous. I don't think any of them think for a second that these relationships are going to last once the show is over. Anyway, I wanted to talk about how all them mention that they're looking for the man of their dreams and how the Bachelor or Bachelorette is the person of their dreams. And, repeat that phrase constantly.

Apart from bemoaning my extremely questionable TV viewing habits, I'm also wondering about this whole 'man of my dreams' scenario. I don't think I've ever met someone and thought about them as the 'man of my dreams.' I think it's because I don't have a picture of the kind of person I want to end up with. I mean, I know the qualities I don't want in a man. That list keeps growing every day. But, I can't give you a definitive answer about the qualities that I want in a man. So this, I've met the man of my dreams just feels really hollow to me. Unless, of course you're talking about: a) Johnny Depp b) Leonardo DiCaprio c) Rahul Khanna and d) Samit Basu. If I were to marry one of these people, then I can say quite truthfully that I've married the man of my dreams because I have dreamt about all of them. Quite wonderful dreams, in fact.
Sheesh. There are no musicians on this list.That's quite sad. I can only think of Chris Martin and Rob Thomas, but they're both already married. Hey, as long as Johnny Depp doesn't marry Vanessa Paradis, I have a shot, okay? Just saying.

Today's Beautiful Secret: I love that I can go for movies by myself

Comments

Popular Posts