Another Brick in the Wall

I'm not very informed about the issues that are surrounding our country these days. Our country and the world. I don't subscribe to a newspaper, and I hardly watch any news channels (although, I must say, they wouldn't keep me informed even I did watch them). I read some articles online, so, I'm a little aware.

Anyway, yesterday, I decided to rectify the situation and get a glimpse of the headlines on NDTV. The Shoaib Malik-Sania Mirza situation was being talked about (give the guy a break, doesn't his religion allow him to have more than one wife?), and I saw a ticker which mentioned the RTE bill/act(not sure which one) Now, I'm not even going to pretend that I know what this bill is about. I can take a guess based on the name 'The Right to Education' act. Apparently, a few states were complaining that they couldn't afford to implement this. I took a look at the names...Bihar (I nodded), and Karnataka! Seriously, Karnataka! Oh wait, let's spend crores and crores of rupees to build a metro that will take another five years to build and seriously inconvenience the people of Bangalore. But, hey, we have to spend some money to ensure that all children have an education. And, poor children that too. No way! We can't afford that. The central government needs to give us some money.

Assholes.

Comments

Popular Posts