The longest mystery ever

I would like to complain about Lost Season 5. Now, I know I've whined about Seasons 2 through 4 before. I'd roll my eyes and say, oh, they should have stopped with the first season. Everything's too confusing, I don't know what's going on. But, Lost has always been my guilty pleasure. I bought all the DVDs, followed the seasons religiously and couldn't understand when people said they didn't watch the show. I mean, come on, what's not to like! They're on a gorgeous island with really cute guys. I liked how they had the flashbacks and showed everyone's history before getting on the plane. Season 4 showed us Oceanic 6 and their flash forwards. All very interesting, albeit confusing. And then, Season 5 happened. Sigh. I saw the first two episodes and thought to myself, this can't be it. Come on! But, I was so disappointed. They introduced so many new characters, there really wasn't much time to flesh out any of them. Then, there were all the skipping through different times which took about ten episodes. So, by the time, everyone was settled, either in 1977 or in the future, there wasn't any time to flesh anybody's character out.

So, we couldn't really see the bond between Sawyer and Juliet except for that one episode where she helps that lady give birth to Ethan. Kate replaced Claire as the annoying chick in the show. Jack had an animal growing on his face for the first few episodes, and then just turned out to be a whiny wuss. Hurley was really not needed in this season. And, he needs to lose some weight. Come on, you're on an island, just lose some weight already. Sayid was creepy psycho killer, Locke was also creepy psycho killer. Benjamin Linus was confused. Sun and Jin just make me want to throw up with all their love for each other. That Ilana character irritates me because she has this weird accent and I know she's the girl from The Namesake, and she just goes around asking people, "What lies beneath the shadow of the statue." I guess, I kinda hate everything about this season. The only thing I liked was them actually showing us Jacob and his nemesis for all of five minutes. And then, of course, they kept showing Jacob with every other character which irritated me even more. In spite of all this, I'm looking forward to Season 6. I will still buy Season 5 to have it in my collection. Also, with all it's flaws, the production design, story, acting, and cast of this show is so much better than 'Save the cheerleader, Save the World' which is replacing Lost on the 10 'o clock time slot.

I've been watching too much television. I know. I've always been watching a lot of really good movies. Saw Away we Go and 500 days of Summer. Both really nice movies.

Comments

  1. Spoilers!
    I'm yet to watch Season 5 :|

    How are you btw? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts