Just The Way You Are


My colleague sat me down me today because she's concerned about the way that I see myself. 

A couple of weeks ago, she told me that she'd set me up with someone. And, the first thing I said was, "okay, are you going to show him my picture? Because I don't want him to come to the date expecting someone spectacular and then get disappointed after seeing me."

Because that's how little I think of myself. Not, "This guy is going to get wowed because I'm so awesome." But, "I want him to have realistic expectations."

You never realise how much work you need to do on yourself. I've gotten over the whole being single thing that used to bother me before. And, I thought that meant I was fixed. But, it's just been replaced by something else. My body image issues and my inferiority complex. To be fair, I think the inferiority complex has always been there, I just focused on the 'nobody wants me' bit a lot more.

One of my favourite songs ever is Bruno Mars' Just The Way You Are. 

)


I love that song because I'm hoping that the person I eventually fall in love will think the same thing about me. Actually, I'm not hoping. I know he will think the same. And, I know that whenever that happens, I would already think I was worth it and wouldn't need his validation.

Working on these things about yourself is going to take time. The point is to identify the issues you're having trouble with and work on them.

Comments

Popular Posts