It's 2013 - The Year of Travel

It seems like a cliche to have new year resolutions, doesn't it? But, at what point did we decide that cliches were bad? So, here I am, not feeling bad about being a cliche by deciding that I was going to open my blog up to the public again, and telling you that one of my new year resolutions is to write more. I don't what it is about this day, January 14. But, for some reason, I woke up and decided, today is the day when I follow through with everything I'd decided I would on January 1. I don't know, maybe I needed an extra two weeks of 2012.

But, what an extra two weeks it's been. I booked tickets to Singapore, Macau and Europe! I decided to extend the last day that I'd leave work. Oh, and did you hear about how I decided to go to Europe?? I can't tell you how excited I am about this Europe trip. It's only going to happen in April, and I've already told a number of people about it. And, there's a part of me that feels that I'm not going to get the Schengen visa. But hey, if I don't try, then I'm never going to go? And, honestly, what's the worst that could happen? You don't get it. And, then you just pull up your socks and try again.

According to the Mayan calendar, the world was going to end on December 21, 2012. A day before, I saw a poster on Facebook that said, 'If the world was going to end tomorrow, what are your regrets?' And, I remember having only two:

1) I haven't travelled enough
2) I haven't fallen in love

Now, I have absolutely no control over the second regret. But, I have A LOT  of control over the first. And, that's when I decided, you know what, I'm just going to do it. I'm going to travel the world as much as I can. So, even I don't get the Schengen visa, I'm just going to go ahead and try.

Comments

Popular Posts