Just Around The Corner


I'm feeling much better about my dating life nowadays. I hesitate to use the word 'optimistic' because it would imply that I have some potential dates around the corner. I should actually say that I'm feeling healthier about it. There was this point when I felt bad because a lot of people showed interest in this colleague of mine and no one paid any attention to me. And, then I thought, well if no one's going to like me, I'm not going to make the effort anyway, and I'm going to build this wall and say 'Well, I never really liked him anyway' or 'He's not going to like me, so I shouldn't bother asking him out.'

This doesn't mean that I'm going to ask a guy out any time soon. But, I've begun to realise that it's not me. It's them. They're men who are attracted to a certain type of woman, and I'm not one of them. It's really as simple as that. So, all I need to do is go out, enjoy my social life, and date someone who thinks I'm pretty spectacular as well. No moping, no feeling sorry for myself. Just be fearless. I have to say that a lot of this has been inspired by this article.

I'll tell you why I suddenly thought about my dating life. I was Facebook stalking  (yes, I know!)  this guy I thought was really cute and this guy I'd like to get to know better. And, I saw his photographs. There were tons of them in some foreign city, posing with a lot of hot women. Now, you know, a couple of years ago, I would've thought, 'wow, this guy is perfect for me. He dresses well, he's cute, he likes to party, but oh no, he knows so many hot women, he's not going to like me.'

But now, I'm just like 'Oh, this guy looks like he parties too much. Really not my scene.' Maybe, it's age caught up with me. Maybe, I just want to be a guy who likes to watch indie films, dresses well, and occasionally likes to party. Okay, I realise that sounds really specific. But, the point is, I want to be with someone who can do low-profile. In fact, someone who prefers low-profile.

Yeah okay, this post is going nowhere. All I wanted to say was that I'm going to start having fun.

Comments

Popular Posts