Catching up

I knew it had been a while since I'd updated my blog, but hadn't realised it's been two months! That's a really long time, and so much has happened:

1) I started a new job. It's great. I mean, it's a much smaller environment than I'm used to (a start-up), sometimes I have so much work and just crappy days. We have four founders and three employees (including me), and the other two employees have just started seeing each other. (I know! What fun for me, right?) So, work can sometimes be a little alienating, but I'm learning a lot and trying out new things, so, I can't really complain.

2) I started dating again! Well, I went on a few dates with one guy. It didn't really work out. At the time, I felt like the guy wasn't paying me enough attention. I mean, he seemed to be into me and would respond to all my emails and texts, but didn't really do anything else. Didn't initiate conversation, didn't try to talk to me during the week, and this went on for a month until I decided that it wasn't enough. All this while, I kept thinking that it was him, but I have to admit a huge part in this not working out. Honestly, I don't think I'm ready for a relationship. Trust me, I've been reading a lot about dating and relationships (because it's part of my new job if you can believe it). And, all of them have been saying that a relationship will never work out unless you love yourself for who you truly are. When friends kept telling me that, I would think "Well, that's just rubbish." But, I can finally see the truth to that. I'm not at that stage where I need to be in a relationship just to have something different in my life, to have someone I can rely on, all of that. I've moved past that stage, at least. (Thank God!) But, I'm kind of in limbo right now. I want to meet cute guys, but I'm really ready to get into a relationship with them. Just because I think it will take a lot of effort on my part, and unless the guy is really spectacular, I don't think the effort is worth it. Which means that I won't be dating for a while now. And, I love that, actually. I'm genuinely not feeling all mopey about it and all "Oh, why won't anyone love me." But, more, I'm sure I'll be ready when the time comes, but it's not there yet.

3) So, I'm looking forward to work. I'm looking forward to exercising and eating right. I'm looking forward to this fantastic new wardrobe I just got. I'm looking forward to a fabulous vacation I'm going to have with my BFF and her husband in August. I'm looking forward to my sister's wedding in Goa. So, life is looking good, and none of it rests on a man. Aww, growing up feels so awesome.


Comments

Popular Posts