I've been meaning to write about this Jonathan Safran Foer book I picked up in Singapore:
 Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close 
I have to say that it's the most wonderfully queer and heartbreaking book I've ever read. I haven't finished the book. I'm ashamed to admit that I received Tina Fey's Bossypants in between and read the whole book in a few days. Then, I bought 'Game of Thrones' and am a little captivated by that. I didn't expect to be, but I am. And, it's a seven-part series as well. Damn you, Fantasy series. It's like you can't do anything else till you've finished the entire series. I've already ordered five other books of the series. ( I love you, Flipkart!)

I recently read that they're making the Safran Foer book into a movie starring Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock. That's a very promising cast right there. Here's the trailer for the movie:



I'm sure I'm going to get back to the book. I think you need to be in a certain frame of mind to read this though.

Comments

Popular Posts