Queen of Pain

I was at the salon over the weekend, and I noticed this really pretty girl sitting across from me. She looked like she had everything going for her. She was tall, slim, fair and very pretty. But...she was getting her face shaved. Her face was lathered with shaving cream and a lady stood behind her with a razor and shaved her face.

It got me thinking about how we all have our hang ups. The fat ones, the pretty ones, the thin ones. This girl looked like she had everything going for her, but obviously her hair growth was so excessive, she could only shave. I got lucky that way. Inherited some good genes. The hair on my arms and legs is really fine, so you can barely see it. I hardly need to wax. A lot of women are envious of this. Just as I am envious of the thin, slim women who don't need to exercise to stay that way.

While we're on the topic of waxing, I have to say that this grooming business is just a bit too painful. Admittedly, waxing my hands and legs is less painful than other areas, but painful nonetheless. Last weekend, I went for an extreme hair removal session, so I know exactly how much everything hurts and how to compare them all.

Here it is then, my Pain o Meter.

On a scale of one to ten where one being the least and ten the most, here is my ranking:

Waxing of legs: 2
Waxing of arms: 4
Eyebrow threading: 6
Upper lip threading: 7
Bikini wax: 9

There you have it, ladies. Think wisely about the waxes if you're getting them for the first time. A friend of mine swears that the pain is worth it. I find myself leaning towards that more and more. Time will tell.



Here's a picture of me being hairless.

Comments

  1. Look what I found online:
    http://www.relaxnwax.com/

    Should help with the last one with the highest pain meter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts