Promotion, you say?

Sometimes, I'm a little worried about my lack of ambition. No, I don't want to become a senior VP of a company and travel all over the world. I'd rather invest in stocks or something silly like that where I didn't have to do any work and sit back and relax. You know how there are people who get restless when there's nothing to do? I'm not one of those. I can spend days and days and days doing nothing. I mean, not really nothing. I'd read. I'd watch movies. I'd surf. I'd probably gym. I'd go for long lunches and crazy dinners. I'd travel to a country for a month at a time. It would be just brilliant. This is, of course, if I had all the money in the world.

I hear these stories of my friends doing really well in the corporate world. Starting up their own businesses and stuff, and I'm very happy for them. Truly, I am. But, I don't want that for myself. I'd rather work from work, play with my dogs and make a very decent amount of money than sit in an office every single day in my high heels and corporate wear.

Yeah, that's it. Actually, no, not worried any more.

Comments

Popular Posts