No laughing matter

I went on a rant on Twitter yesterday. A grammatically incorrect rant that too. It's okay. I don't think anyone read it. Whoever did also must not have understood anything because I didn't RT the original tweet. Me and stupid principles. I don't know where they're going to get me. I walked out of a church because the pastor said something derogatory about Hinduism; I unfollowed this pretty funny guy on Twitter because he said 'chinky' to describe north-eastern people.

Yeah, I think I'm fighting these battles in my head. No one else really joins me.

Anyway, the tweet in question said "Walking down a street filled with stray dogs is a great way for a man to understand eve-teasing."

Admittedly, a little funny and meant in a light hearted way. But then, I just got irritated that a man was trying to simplify eve-teasing. And because I personally know women who have been sexually assaulted, molested and eve teased in the most disgusting way possible, it offended me that he was making such a light hearted statement about something that is pretty traumatising to women. Just like it's not cool to make rape jokes.

Yes asshole, being barked at by stray dogs is the same thing as being followed by a guy with his penis out.

Comments

Popular Posts