What's in a name, you say...

I want to vomit when I hear someone use the word 'chinky' to describe someone from the north east or someone with oriental features. It really makes me sick to the stomach. What I hate even more is their justification of it, 'Oh, but I don't mean it racially or derogatory' or 'Oh, but some of my best friends are north eastern, and they don't have a problem with it.' So what? They don't speak for the entire population. As a race in India, they have been subjected to years and years of public ridicule and discrimination just based on the way they look. And here we are, young, liberal-minded, college educated people throwing about a term as casually as that. Vomit.

Comments

  1. Grrr...Who said that?! Next time, please vomit on them right there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts