Conversations in Dilli

I am pleasantly surprised with Delhi. In the past, I've always bad-mouthed it to everyone I know. I hate how unsafe the city is and how the men are such perverts. But then, I saw a little bit of Delhi with some friends. Delhi has got such a different vibe from most other cities I've been to, you know. Forget Gurgaon. That city doesn't have a soul. But Delhi has soul and heart and surprisingly warmth. I would actually say it's so much more relaxed than Bombay. And, you know how much I love Bombay.

So yesterday, I went for lunch to a friend's friends place. It was a very long lunch. Snacked on nachos and wine for a good three hours before the actual lunch. The crowd was so very different from the regular crowd I hang out with. All of them worked in the media. Either television or print. I was fascinated with their conversation though. Gossiping about two very famous anchors on a news channel. Talking about how they aren't getting paid for a 900 word article. And, I thought, this could have so easily been my life because this is exactly what I want to do or at least, what I think I want to do. But, I wonder now if I'm too late and too comfortable in my corporate setting to actually go out and live in a Bombay or Delhi looking for a job. How happy will I be without the good money and the cab rides and the free lunches? Have I really sold my soul?

Comments

Popular Posts