Promotion, you say?

Sometimes, I'm a little worried about my lack of ambition. No, I don't want to become a senior VP of a company and travel all over the world. I'd rather invest in stocks or something silly like that where I didn't have to do any work and sit back and relax. You know how there are people who get restless when there's nothing to do? I'm not one of those. I can spend days and days and days doing nothing. I mean, not really nothing. I'd read. I'd watch movies. I'd surf. I'd probably gym. I'd go for long lunches and crazy dinners. I'd travel to a country for a month at a time. It would be just brilliant. This is, of course, if I had all the money in the world.

I hear these stories of my friends doing really well in the corporate world. Starting up their own businesses and stuff, and I'm very happy for them. Truly, I am. But, I don't want that for myself. I'd rather work from work, play with my dogs and make a very decent amount of money than sit in an office every single day in my high heels and corporate wear.

Yeah, that's it. Actually, no, not worried any more.

Comments